CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Finally.............

I've got a few minutes and a couple of things to write about.
I got my Hookahville tickets yesterday in the mail. I am soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!
Then when I got home it must be a miracle my daughter finally got a job. Her first job I can't hardly believe she is a working girl. She is working at Little Ceaser's Pizza place. Last night was her first night. I don't see this lasting too long though they gave her her schedule and I could hardly believe it, they have her working everyday except Wednesday and Sunday. I think that may be a bit much for my spoiled rotten princess not to mention how will she ever keep tabs on her boyfriend, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she stays with it for awhile.

I'm not sure if anyone has caught the news lately but my work has been on there. OH so scandalious:
The headlines read:
Cheating scandal snares nearly half of IU dental class

Nearly half the students in the Indiana University School of Dentistry's second-year class have been disciplined for their roles in a cheating scandal in which students broke into password-protected files to view exam material before tests.
Cheating students took advantage of e-mails that professors sent a few days before tests, administrators said. Those messages contained password-protected images, such as X-rays, that were part of the exams.
Another student brought the cheating to the attention of school officials in late February. The school then conducted a two-month investigation that resulted in Friday's decisions, which the students have five days to appeal.
The school's Faculty Council voted Friday to dismiss nine of the students, suspend 16 for periods ranging from three to 24 months and issue letters of reprimand to 21 students for violating the school's professional conduct code. The class has 95 students.


So yeah it's been a really hectic week already and it's only Tuesday, the media is roaming around like vultures. I just came in from a cigarette break and I'll be damned if the Fox 59 van didn't just pull up, Channel 8 and 13 were here yesterday so it was just a matter of time. I kinda feel sorry for the students it is very humilating. I have been really busy clearing out our seniors for graduation on Mother's Day and now with all this, the tension is pretty thick around here.
Ok so maybe I'll have more to talk about later.

5 comments:

alli-gal said...

Wow!!! sounds like things have been pretty hectic for you!! Hope the news Vultures leave you all alone soon!!!

Only 18 days till Hookahville!!!!

sela said...

I saw that on the news! I didn't know you worked there. Hey, as long as they don't mess with your smoke break, right!?

KellyAnn said...

Right, they better mess with my smoke break.

KellyAnn said...

I am getting so excited about Hookahville. And regarding your e-mail about hte JUne trip, that sounds awesome but there is no way for me to know if I could do that this far in advance. Ecspecially since Aerial's working now.

alli-gal said...

Hey...just keep those June trips in mind, because I know I'm going....and even if you could only make it to the cincinnati show, that will be better than nothing. Come on...it's only a coule hours away!!!! I know it's hard with the girls...I'm just giving you a hard time!!!

I'm proud of your daughter for getting her first job...hopefully they will go easy on her :-)