CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

California Fires.......

Ok I'm just sitting here thinking about these fires that are going on in california and I'm so bothered at how slowly they responded to the folks of New Orleans when it seems they were right there to help the folks of California. If I was from New Orleans that would really bother me. I guess the reason it's on my mind is because last week I rented a new release called "When the Levee's Broke", it is a documentary on the events that took place in New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina and it is really sad. I cried through the whole movie practically. Now don't get me wrong I'm glad FEMA was there for the people of CA, it would be absolutely devistating to lose everything you have. But at the same time the people of New Orleans literally sat in that dome for 4 or more days with not even a pot to piss in, no bottle of water, nothing, no medicines for the sick, people were literally dying all over the place. It's just bothers me, that's all. I was watching the news this morning and it seems that this fire will not stop until it reaches the coast, that is damn near all the way across CA, can you imagine, Mother Nature WOW. What more can I say.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I know what you mean ... I was thinking the same thing. There are still people in New Orleans living in houses unfit to live in.

I couldn't help but be thankful that the people of California were helped so quickly but my stomach turned thinking about those still waiting....2 years later....in New Orleans.

KellyAnn said...

It really is a shame!