CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 19, 2007

Mom's Taxi service

Ok so I've always wanted to kinda keep a journal of my life. So I am starting this and will try to keep up. (Thanks Allison just one more thing to get addicted too lol)
So my weekend, it was pretty good. That is after the 3 more inches of snow we received, I absolutely hate driving in the snow. While that was going on I spent time playing PS2 Sims Bustin Out. I'm lovin it. I've just about beat the game.
This is the first weekend in a while that me and Aerial (oldest daughter) got along pretty good. Mind you I've been having issues with her spoiled ass rotten behavior. She is an all around decent kid, she was actually great as the kid. But now as a teenager being raised in the city, in the ghetto (sorta), that is a different matter all together. I wonder what happens once they become teenagers that they seem to think all of the sudden they know everything and can treat their parents like shit. I guess I only have myself to blame for that, should've put my foot in her ass a long time ago. But nontheless, her attitude totally sucks. So back to we had a decent weekend. Me and her set out job hunting yesterday morning, she put in about 4 applications and all of the places she applied are hiring. Tonite I have to take her to KFC at 8pm while the manager is there. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. She needs to get a job, hopefully this will help her grow up a little. She is 161/2yo. I was expecting her to be a little more mature than she is. Some of her not getting a job up til now kinda has to do with me, you see me and my husband are big concert goers and festival attendants, therefore her having a job and no car or means, I'm afraid this may hinder our plans. Which sucks!!!!!!!!!! You see I think what I am doing is just riding the waves with the teens. I know that my oldest will be 18 in 1 1/2 years. Thank God. Ryanne, my youngest on the other hand is 14yo and she have more responsibility and maturity than the oldest so I'm not sooo worried about her I believe she will accomplish great things. Her grade point average is a 3.7 and she wants to be a neonatal nurse. She loves babies and seems more serious about things. I know that this can change I'm just trying to stay positive. I hope and pray my oldest does not go through life struggling as I have. Ok I am babbling but I guess that's what this is for.

2 comments:

alli-gal said...

babbling.............not in the least....those are all strong points and important thoughts that you posted!!!

My nieghbor, Cindy, has a 16 yr old daughter, and she's going through a lot of the same things with her. I hate to say it, but her daughter is the BIGGEST BITCH sometimes. And to be honest, I don't really think anything her mother did different would change her.

I think letting your kids know they are loved is the most important thing you can do for them. Once they go through their phase of knowing everything...like maybe when they're 30...they' will look back and thank you. If that means sticking your foot up her ass once inawhile, then so be it.

anyway, I'm glad you started a blog!! Thanks for joining the fun...and feel free to browse through my cousin's stuff and leave them comments if you want. We all get some comments from people we dont know now and then. I like it when someone comes across my blog and likes it well enough to comment.....

Can't wait for March2nd!!!!

HHHOOOKAAAAAHHH!!!!

KellyAnn said...

Seeings as my kids aren't on this site (only myspace) I figure here I could vent alot more.
I love Hookah I can't wait either, I'm so excited about my CD I ordered I wish it would get here already.
The shows are a good way for me to escape from all this.