CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I love the Sweet Potato Queens


Jill Conner-Brown is my idol. She is hilarious, she's an author and has the funniest books out. I'm really excited because she just came out with a new book titled "The Sweet Potato Queens Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit" If you enjoy funny books you should definately look her up. She has a book signing in Broad Ripple on Jan. the 18th. and me and my best friend, Renee are so excited to finally get to meet her. They have a Sweet Potato Queens Parade in March, in Jackson, Mississippi and I plan to attend this at least once in my life time. I recently wrote Jill an e-mail and I was overjoyed when she wrote me back ~ Let me share it with you:
This was my message to her:
Tell me Jill, how’s a woman who’s read all your books and dying to be a wannabe get to that parade when she’s so busy with life itsownself and raising two teenage daughters and contending to a needy husband, and doesn’t make a fortune and what she does make go to that aforementioned. Well one day me and my girlfriend we will make it and we’ll be so decked out you’ll never miss us. Heehee
Can’t wait to see you in Indianapolis on January the 18th.
Kelly
And this was her reply: LMAO
-----Original Message-----
From: spqhqtrs@aol.com [mailto:spqhqtrs@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:40 PM
To: Willis, Kelly Ann
Subject: Re: the parade

Hunny, This is just like that thing they tell you before you have kids--"if you wait til you can afford 'em, you'll never have any!"
Mercy, does it ever apply here! Them kids will suck you dry FOREVER--you have to start a double-secret slush fund with SPARE CHANGE, if you have to, and make it SACRED--NOT TO BE TOUCHED except to bring you to the Parade! YOU DESERVE IT--are you kidding me? with TWO teenage GIRLS? It oughta be a PRESCRIPTION!

See you SOON!

Be Particular--jillconnerbrowneTHEsweetpotatoqueen

This is the link to her website, you really should check her out!!!!!!!
http://www.sweetpotatoqueens.com/MeetTheQueens.php

5 comments:

alli-gal said...

That's reaaly cool that she wrote back to you!! i bet you're really excited to meet her aren't you?!?!?

Where is she gonna be in Broad Ripple??

KellyAnn said...

It's a book store called Big Hat Books, I'm not real sure but I have a feeling it's in the Broad Ripple Village. Yes I think that is really cool that she wrote back. I can't wait to go and meet her.

KellyAnn said...

The date has changed to the 9th.

Andrea said...

My boss gave me one of their books to read. Guess I better sit down and do that!

KellyAnn said...

yeah you should you'll love it